Thursday, November 05, 2020

Cleaned the flower beds and spread the compost







The day was so beautiful on Monday I decided to get on the garden flower bed clean up which I had not gotten to before it turned cold.  I cut off the greenery and raked it all up.  I spread out the compost in the one bin which was produced over the summer from really consistently turning over the vegetation in there.  I have never been that consistent and I am happy to have had some compost to spread on the flower beds after I cleaned them up.  I split the dry material from the beds between the two bins so they are each about half full which will do us well for the winter.  It feels so good to have everything neat and clean.  I buried the evans cherries and the cotoneaters into the garden where they will spend the winter.  Will see what comes back in the spring.  

Therese

No comments: