Therese
Sunday, November 08, 2020
Tree quilt top with leaves
I worked on a quilt top today which features a neutral background in an oatmeal colour and three "trees" which are strips from my very long strip of 2.5" pieces that I stitched a while back. It took me a while to figure out how to get my trees at the angles I was wanting. In the end I stitched the background together and then cut the background and inserted my strips. Worked out really well and just as I wanted. Next, I cut 36 leaves from scraps of green fabric which I will slow stitch to the trunks of my trees!! I am really looking forward to that process. I may consider some slow stitching on the background as well as it is looking quite plain at the moment. We shall see!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment