Sunday, November 08, 2020

Slow Stitching - large leaves border - double blanket stitched edges and filling in with running stitch

I decided to do a double blanket stitch on my large leaves.  I did once around with the line of stitching a generous 1/8" from the edge and then another go around with the line of stitching on the edge of the fabric.  I used a variety of colours of thread which gives the edge interest and the double stitches between the lines makes a sturdy edging.  I think it will be ample to deter too much fraying.  My new glasses are very helpful in being able to properly see what I am doing and where I am 
putting stitches.   You can see below that I have now started filling in the leaves interior with running stitch in a variety of thread colours as well. Lots of nice texture!  Running stitch does not require too much thinking so it works well for slow stitching.  I did draw a pencil line for my first line of stitching so I could get the right angle from the center which is a row of chain stitches.  I am really enjoying this project and it will be a while before it get completed but I am looking forward to the process.    Therese


 

No comments: