Thursday, November 05, 2020

Slow Stitching - large leaves


 A new slow stitching project!!!  This will be a feature on a quilt down the road a bit.  I found this piece of blue mottled fabric which was about 11" tall and 45" wide which would do very well for a quilt.  I made a paper pattern and then cut out some large leaves from leafy coloured fabric scraps - brown, green, orange, yellow and red!!  I pinned them into place and then used a bit of fusible webbing to secure them so they can be slow stitched.  I have started with blanket stitch around the edges and will do internal stitching after that!!  I know I have some projects still waiting for their quilts.  It is on my to do list for this winter and I would prefer not to get too ahead of myself but I wanted a slow stitching project to work on.  

Therese

No comments: